The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the State of Pennsylvania have encouraged social distancing measures as a way to mitigate the spread of the novel Corona Virus (COVID-19). Based on Governor Wolf’s “process to Reopen Pennsylvania”, the PRPS (Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society) developed the Recreation and Park Facility Reopening Guidelines (Revised & Expanded, updated 5/23/20). These guidelines were developed to assist park facilities to comply with guidance from the PA Dept. of Health.
Based on these guidelines, the following Reopening Plan (updated 8/8/20) has been implemented for Richland Park facilities
until further notice:
Barn and Family Pavilion Rentals
In accordance with Pennsylvania Reopening Guidelines, the following limits on capacity have been established.
- Barn Capacity – Not more than 67 persons (reduced to 25 persons per ACHD Covid-19 Control Measures Order dated July 17, 2020).
- Family Pavilion Capacity – Not more than 70 persons (reduced to 50 persons per ACHD Covid-19 Control Measure Order dated July 17, 2020).
COVID-19 Waiver and Commitment to Follow Health and Safety Guidelines
- All renters must complete official application forms, including a COVID-19 waiver and commit to following guidelines for COVID-19 Public Health and Safety Measures established by Richland Township. A copy of the waiver form and guidelines will be presented to all renters.
- To reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19 from highly touched objects and surfaces, a sanitizing fee of $75.00 for barn rentals and $50.00 for pavilion rentals has been established. The fee is payable prior to the event. The fee will enable the Township to conduct a disinfecting procedure using EPA-Registered Disinfectants to eliminate COVID-19 from hi-touched surfaces and objects. The Township will conduct the sanitizing procedure in conjunction with the regular cleaning which takes place between rentals. The sanitizing component is particularly important in the case of rentals which take place on back-to-back dates.
- In order to provide sufficient time to perform increased cleaning and sanitizing, the rental hours for the use of the barn and pavilion have been reduced to 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- For renters who wish to cancel their reservation, a full refund will be issued upon submission of a refund request form provided it is received within fifteen (15) days prior to the scheduled event. Any request of less time will not be honored.
Playgrounds, Picnic Shelters, Restrooms and Splash Pad
- All playgrounds and picnic shelters are open for general use provided social distancing and personal protective equipment guidelines are followed. These facilities will not be disinfected. Visitors should use the facilities at their own risk.
- Restrooms in the park will be opened conditioned upon the Township’s ability to sanitize the hi-touched surfaces in compliance with guidelines prescribed by the CDC and State Health Department.
- The splash pad will remain CLOSED until further notice due to the Township’s inability to enforce social distancing guidelines prescribed by the CDC and State Health Department.
Dek-Hockey/Field Usage & Youth/Adult Athletic Programs
The Dek-hockey rink and athletic fields in Richland Park are open for individuals, members of the same household, and small groups provided social distancing and protective equipment guidelines are followed. These facilities will not be disinfected. Visitors should use the facilities at their own risk.
Organized team sports, including practices, games, pick up games and clinics are not allowed at these facilities without obtaining a use permit from Richland Township. Applicants must sign a COVID-19 waiver, submit a COVID-19 safety plan and commit to following COVID-19 health and safety guidelines established by the Federal Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Use of the facilities must adhere to the guidelines contained in the Pennsylvania Recreation & Park Society’s publication titled “PRPS Reopening Guidelines May 23, 2020”.
Richland Township Recreation Activities – Community Day
- All Township sponsored recreation programs and classes are canceled until further notice.
- Richland Township’s 2020 Community Day Celebration scheduled for August 8, 2020 has been cancelled.