Richland Township COVID-19: 3/23/20 Update
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the State of Pennsylvania have encouraged social distancing measures as a way to mitigate the spread of the novel Corona Virus (COVID-19). To help achieve compliance, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, Richland Township Officials have closed all recreational facilities in the Richland Park. This includes all playgrounds, ball fields/sporting facilities, DEK rink, and restrooms. This is being done to encourage social distancing and slow the spread of the virus. Richland strongly urges all community members to change their daily behavior to reduce the risk from COVID-19, particularly to protect our most vulnerable populations.
Richland Township COVID-19: 3/16/20 Update
Richland Township continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation in Allegheny County. Based upon the latest recommendations from the Allegheny County Health Department, the following guidelines are now in place:
Richland Township Park:
- Richland Township Park & trails remain open at this time. Park restrooms, however, are closed. We encourage our residents to use the Township’s walking trails for solo walks/runs and to get some fresh air during this time.
- All rentals and youth recreation programs at the Richland Park are cancelled through the end of April until further notice.
- All Township recreational programming is canceled through the end of April. This includes the cancellation of the Township’s Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday, April 11th).
Richland Township Municipal Building:
- The Municipal Building is closed to public access. If you need to conduct business with Township personnel, it is preferred that you do so via
Phone calls – 724-443-5921
Email – email@example.com
Mail – 4019 Dickey Rd. Gibsonia, PA 15044
There is currently access into the front vestibule only if you need to drop something off.
March 16th Planning Commission
March 17th Zoning Hearing Board
March 18th Board of Supervisors
Richland Township will continue to follow the advice of the CDC, County and State Health Departments. As a result, these guidelines may change in response to new information. We will keep our website and savvy notices up-to-date.
Thank you for your understanding during this critical time as we all do our part to limit the spread of this virus in our community.
Richland Township COVID-19 Prevention Measures
In an effort to reduce the transmission of the COVID-19 infections Richland Township is implementing the following actions;
- Cancellation of the March 16th Planning Commission Meeting;
- Cancellation of the March 17th Zoning Hearing Board Meeting;
- Temporary closure of the Northern Tier Library until March 30, 2020;
- Temporary closure of the Richland Township Municipal (Water) Authority offices until March 30, 2020;
- Cancellation, until further notice, of all rentals and youth recreation programs in Richland Park.
- The Board of Supervisors meeting of March 18th is still scheduled at this time.
The public will be permitted to access the municipal building at 6:45 p.m. Please practice safe social-distancing measures for your safety and the safety of others. Hand sanitizer will be available and must be used by all that enter the meeting room.
- Access to the Richland Township Municipal Building will be restricted beginning Monday, March 16, 2020. This will include all fitness classes.
Residents, businesses and other persons needing to reach the Township should attempt to do so by telephone (724-443-5921) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Township staff and public works employees will be reporting to work during this closure. Sewer payments and permit applications can be placed in the secure drop box located outside the municipal building or on-line via the Township website at www.richland.pa.us.
The COVID-19 outbreak will continue to cause disruptions to normal activities. Consequently, these polices may change in response to new information and directives from the Federal, State or County governments. The Township will follow any such guidelines and will continue to update the website and Savvy citizen with the most up-to-date information available.