What are the Township Building’s hours of operation?

The Richland Township Municipal Building is open from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.

4019 Dickey Road
Gibsonia, PA 15044
(724) 443-5921

How do I get access to public records?

Public records will be available for inspection and copying at the Township Municipal Building during normal business hours, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Inspection and/or duplication of Township public records are in accordance with the Township’s Right-to-Know Law / Open Records Policy.

How do I go about serving on a Township board?

The Township’s Board of Supervisors seek nominations of citizens interested in serving on a board as vacancies arise. For more information about joining a particular board or commission, stop by the municipal building:

4019 Dickey Road
Gibsonia, PA 15044
(8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays)

Or, call the Township at 724-443-5921.

When are the public meetings and how do I get an item on the agenda?

The Board of Supervisors public meetings are held in the Meeting Assembly Room of the Richland Township Municipal Building on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month, and begin at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. For more information, visit our Public Meetings page.

Building Permits:

What is the process for obtaining a building permit, and what are the fees?

Building permits, both commercial and residential, are required in Richland Township to erect, modify, remove, or repair all structures. This includes everything from new construction and additions, to accessory structures such as sheds, garages, pools, and fences. Supplemental documents such as a survey or plans are required for most building permits.

Building permit fees vary. Contact the Building and Zoning Department at 724-443-5921, or visit our Building and Zoning page for more information.


What do I do if I’m having sewer problems?

If you are experiencing problems with your sewer service, you should first determine whether the problem is local to your home or is being experienced by your neighbors as well.

If multiple homes are suffering from the same sewer problem, call the Township office during normal business hours at 724-443-5921 to inform them of the situation. If you have a sewer problem after business hours, contact the Northern Regional Police Department by dialing 911.

Where do I find information about dye testing?

Information regarding dye testing can be found on our Public Sewer and Water page.

Trash and Recycling:

What are the rates and rules for garbage removal?

Richland Township is served by Vogel Disposal Services. See our Trash and Recycling page for more information.

How do I dispose of electronic devices (computers, laptops, monitors and televisions)?

Enacted in 2010, the PA Covered Device Recycling Act (HB-708) required that consumers not dispose of covered devices, such as computers, laptops, monitors, and televisions. This means that trash haulers are not able to take these devices unless the municipality has a curbside electronics collection program that sends the devices to an electronics recycler.

Richland Township holds electronic waste/hazardous waste disposal events at various times throughout the year. Please check our News and Events or Newsletters pages for more information on upcoming e-waste/hazardous waste recycling events.

Yard Waste:

How do I dispose of my yard waste properly?

Fall leaf pickup is picked up curbside several times each autumn as determined by Vogel Disposal Services. Leaves should be placed in paper biodegradable bags for pick up. Tree trimmings securely tied and bundled no longer than 4 feet length, no larger than 3 inches in diameter, and no greater than 40 pounds, are also picked up on a pre-determined date.

Yard waste pickup may be a different day than garbage pickup. For yard waste collection dates, please call the Township office at 724-443-5921, or check our News and Events page for fall leaf pickup dates.

Parks and Recreation:

Are there any parks in Richland Township?

Richland Township offers an 100-acre community park to its residents and visitors, located at 1157 Van Velsor Drive, Bakerstown, PA 15007.

Please visit our Park Information page for more information.

What do I do if park property is damaged or vandalized?

Richland Township tries to keep its public park and facilities in excellent condition, but occasionally vandalism, misuse, neglect, or wear can leave a fixture in need of repair. If you witness damage to a park facility, please call us at 724-443-5921 to report the problem. For situations that warrant police assistance, please call the Northern Regional Police Department at 724-625-3156, or 911.

How do I reserve a picnic shelter, the large pavilion, or the park barn?

All park facility rentals can be found on our Facility Rental Application and Fees page. Reservations are accepted year-round at the Township building, during normal office hours. Should you have any questions or desire additional information, please contact Melissa Williams at the Township office at 724-443-5921, or at .

Where do I get recreation program information / How do I register for a program?

Program information can be found in the Township Newsletters mailed three times a year to our residents, or also on the News and Events page on our website. Newsletters are also available for pick up at the Richland Township Municipal Building.

Registration forms can be found online on our Park Information page, or picked up at the Township building during normal office hours.

Road Issues:

How do I report road maintenance issues in Richland?

Richland Township makes every effort to respond immediately to all repair and maintenance concerns on Township roads, but they can always use your help. If you notice Township roadways with dangerous cracks or holes, with debris or accumulated snow, rights-of-way that are encroached by bushes, trees, or other obstructions, or damaged or missing traffic signs and street signs, contact the Township office at 724-443-5921 during the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, to report the problem.

What is the process / schedule for road maintenance?

To better serve the citizens of the Township, Richland performs ongoing improvements to Township roads, curbs, and gutters as the need arises. Township roads are on a master schedule to be repaved, resurfaced, or receive other special maintenance. Richland also monitors traffic flow to determine which roads, if any, need widening, additional lanes, new traffic patterns, or other major improvements, and the Township works with developers to build new roads as required for new constructions or developments, or as a response to resident needs for safer access and transport.

Who is in charge of maintaining state and county roads within the Township?

In addition to the maintenance and construction performed by the Richland Township, the state and county perform similar work on their roads, routes, interstates, and right-of-ways that run through Richland Township. These state and county roads and projects are not controlled, designed, or maintained by Richland Township.

State roads in Richland Township include:

  • Route 8
  • Bakerstown Road
  • Valencia Road
  • Route 910
  • Hardt Road

County roads in Richland Township include:

  • Meridian Road
  • Station Hill Road


How do I pay my Earned Income Tax (EIT)?

The Earned Income Tax is the 1% tax that is paid by all wage earners, including those who are self-employed, based on residency in Richland Township. Earned income taxes for Richland Township are collected by Keystone Collections. Visit our Tax Information page for more information.

How do I pay the Local Services Tax (LST)?

The LST is assessed to employers with businesses located in Richland Township and self-employed residents. The tax is $52 per person per year and is remitted quarterly by the employer or the self-employed resident to the Township’s local services tax collector, Keystone Collections. Visit our Tax Information page for more information.

How do I obtain a municipal lien letter for a property in Richland?

Richland Township requires a municipal lien letter for the sale or transfer of property, and for a refinance of property. A lien letter certifies that there are no municipal claims against the property being sold, transferred, or refinanced. A lien letter request must be completed and submitted for processing to the Township in advance of the set or anticipated closing date. The current fee for a municipal lien letter is $32.00. More may be required for a property being sold, than a property being refinanced. For more information on lien letters, call the Township Office at 724-443-5921.

What are the current Local Tax and School District Millage Rates?

Richland Township taxes – 2.2 mills
Pine-Richland School District taxes – 19.2083 mills

Visit our Tax Information page for more information.

What is a real estate tax assessment?

Real estate in the Township of Richland is assessed by the Allegheny County Board of Assessment Appeals and Review. A County assessor values properties based on their size, type of land, and the nature of the development on the property. Property owners who feel that their property has been assessed too high may appeal to the Allegheny County Board of Assessment Appeals.

For more information, or to find out about having your property assessed, contact the Allegheny County Assessment Office:

329 County Office Building
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

How do I make real estate tax payments?

Real estate taxes are collected by Jordan Tax Service (8:00 – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday):
102 Rahway Road
McMurray, PA 15317-3349
Phone: 724-731-2326 (Extension 123, 124, or 125)
Fax: 724-731-2398

Visit our Tax Information page for more information.

When are the deadlines for local taxes?

Richland Township real estate taxes are collected throughout the year by Jordan Tax Service.
The deadlines for various taxes are:

  • May 31- Discount due for Township real estate taxes
  • July 31 – Face due for Township real estate taxes
  • August 31 – Discount due for School District taxes
  • October 31 – Face due for School District taxes

There are seasonal tax collection hours at the Richland Township Municipal Building during the peak tax collection periods for both the Township and School District real estate taxes. For more information about local real estate tax deadlines, contact Jordan Tax Service between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, at 412-835-5243 / 724-731-2300, or the Township office at 724-443-5921.


Where is my polling place/Where do I vote?

To register to vote, you must register through Allegheny County. Visit their Voter Registration page for more information. Also, Pennsylvania residents now have the ability to register to vote online. To learn more, visit the PA Department of State’s voting and election website.

If you are not sure where your polling place is, visit or

Please contact Allegheny County at 412-350-4510 for additional voting information.